The Christmas Village was founded in the late 1980’s by Christmas enthusiast Wayne Groff. At that time, there was just a small forest display, some posters, and small Christmas tree occupying a bedroom. Since then, it has grown into the overwhelmingly beautiful display you enjoy today, with a huge Village which is its namesake, even though the entire experience is known as “Christmas Village”. Join us at the Christmas Village 2019 to celebrate another year of Christmas jubilation. Relish that Christmas Village has a certain magic in it; it is meant to inspire you and remind you of your childhood dreams and fantasies of Christmastime. The Christmas Village within the Village has again expanded for the 20th consecutive year; we’ve added over 25 new buildings- now with over 525 lighted buildings and 7 trains on a 460+ square foot display! Folks, it’s truly huge. Christmas Village is again simply the best it’s ever been in its 25+ years of existence. Welcome to the merriment!
As you can see, the progression of increased decoration has been steady…and 2019 will be better than ever! Christmas Village buildings have more than doubled since 2012’s Village.*2019 estimates based on the most current information prior to actual Village construction
Highlights for 2019:
What should you look forward to this year? Let’s count the ways:
1. A brand new, exciting Treasure Hunt with fantastic prizes!
2. At least 25 new buildings in the expanded North Pole (This is our largest North Pole EVER- with our 18 sq ft addition in 2019!)
3. A brand new O-scale Lionel Christmas train will be running throughout the North Pole- yes that’s right…we now have 7 full sized trains in the village! Also returning for its second year after being a hit last year- the Polar Roller Coaster!
4. Your choice of cookies (4 varieties), Green River Punch (nice or naughty versions available- must be over 21 to be naughty)
5. TOO MUCH ELSE TO MENTION!
Location and Directions
Christmas Village is located at 6 Rumford Court, Lancaster, PA 17602. Specific directions may be obtained from Google Maps. Parking is available in the driveway, or at any designated spaces in the development. There are 5 spaces at the end of the Rumford Cul-de-sac, and approximately 20 parallel spaces on Duncan to the north and south of Rumford. Do not block driveways.
Words of Thanks
Christmas Village would like to thank the following for their unwavering support:
Marlin & Dottie for their countless hours of assistance each year in various capacities;
Eric, Beth, Shawn, Candice, Jeremy, Laura, David, Olivia, Josh, and Karra for their unpacking/repacking assistance of buildings and figurines;
David, for his assistance in keeping this website up and running as I update it, and providing tech support when it does not.
- Ryan, for awesome branding skills
Jesus and Rudolph for making this holiday season so special in their respective spheres of influence.